Wow! The lab is clean! The lab was a whirlwind of activity this afternoon as the entire team worked to pack up the samples, equipment, and supplies! We scrubbed and mopped, and are almost ready to go. We are working on the last loose ends: copying data, backing up pictures, taping up crates. Tomorrow morning we will load the boat and Karla and I will go on a SCUBA dive with the sub crew to take some pictures of the sub in the water. I am actually very excited about the morning because it will be really cool to dive while the sub is underwater. I will be sure to tell you all about it!
Everyone in our team is exhausted, but happy with the trip. More data has been collected on this trip than during any previous trip that this team has taken. Of course, I don’t want to give you the idea that the work is finished! All the samples have been prepared to travel, and there will be lots more work done on the shells, wood, crabs and urchins! And then there will be papers to write! One of the most important aspects of science is communicating the results and recording them for people to read in the future. That means writing papers to document the findings of each project. A big team project like this one will result in many papers on many different topics because we have learned so much that should be shared. I imagine the writing of some of those papers will start on the ship ride home.
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment